This has definitely been a busy weekend.
But I am not complaining because I got to spend the entire time with my best friend.
Friday night we just relaxed at home and both fell asleep on the couches. Thank goodness Cody set his alarm for 11:30pm so he could go check on the water.
Good ol' Rexburg... They decided to turn off the water until 7pm on Friday night to "conserve energy." That just meant a late night for us because he had to get things watered, like his plots and the schools garden.
So here we went at 11:30 at night in our comfy clothes to go check some water and turn off others. We snagged the school's little John Deere Gator and headed out to the middle of the field.
Breath taking.
Sitting in the middle of the field where it was pitch black we had a perfect view of all the stars.
It has been a long time since I have really had time to just enjoy night time outside.
The breeze just barely blowing, pushing the grain just slightly to one side.
The sounds of crickets chirping and the moon just shining bright.
Its simple moments like that that make me really grateful to be in Idaho.
Yes I just admited that I like Idaho. Scary!
But coming from Alaska, where it is light at all hours of the night, you never get to see stars.
But I am not complaining because I got to spend the entire time with my best friend.
Friday night we just relaxed at home and both fell asleep on the couches. Thank goodness Cody set his alarm for 11:30pm so he could go check on the water.
Good ol' Rexburg... They decided to turn off the water until 7pm on Friday night to "conserve energy." That just meant a late night for us because he had to get things watered, like his plots and the schools garden.
So here we went at 11:30 at night in our comfy clothes to go check some water and turn off others. We snagged the school's little John Deere Gator and headed out to the middle of the field.
Breath taking.
Sitting in the middle of the field where it was pitch black we had a perfect view of all the stars.
It has been a long time since I have really had time to just enjoy night time outside.
The breeze just barely blowing, pushing the grain just slightly to one side.
The sounds of crickets chirping and the moon just shining bright.
Its simple moments like that that make me really grateful to be in Idaho.
Yes I just admited that I like Idaho. Scary!
But coming from Alaska, where it is light at all hours of the night, you never get to see stars.
Cody was asked to drive a van of students for the teacher he works for up on campus for a classes final.
And just take a wild guess at what the class had to do for their final?!
Go canoeing.
We spent all Saturday morning just slowly drifting down the snake river. I really wish I had brought my camera with me. It was amazing.
The water was so shallow most of the time that you could see the bottom of the river.
There was not a cloud in the sky, it was not over bearingly hot.
The trees were peaceful and green.
In the river you could see random peices of metal farm equipment from way back when the teton dam flooded still sitting at the bottom of the river.
It was the perfect way to start out a day.
Nothing smells better that just calm, fresh air.
The best destresser ever.
Not only did we have a good morning but a great afternoon.
Cody has pretty much sworn off coming with me to take pictures. But I was somehow able to convince him that I needed him.
And I could not have honestly done it without him.
He was right there when I needed him to hold this or that, or to run to the car to grab something I forgot.
He truely has the most patience I have ever seen.
The wedding went well.
I would have liked more time to shoot just the bride and groom, but then again I always say that.
Here is just a few of my favorite shots.
Still editing them though.
So I will leave you with a quote.
We spent all Saturday morning just slowly drifting down the snake river. I really wish I had brought my camera with me. It was amazing.
The water was so shallow most of the time that you could see the bottom of the river.
There was not a cloud in the sky, it was not over bearingly hot.
The trees were peaceful and green.
In the river you could see random peices of metal farm equipment from way back when the teton dam flooded still sitting at the bottom of the river.
It was the perfect way to start out a day.
Nothing smells better that just calm, fresh air.
The best destresser ever.
Not only did we have a good morning but a great afternoon.
Cody has pretty much sworn off coming with me to take pictures. But I was somehow able to convince him that I needed him.
And I could not have honestly done it without him.
He was right there when I needed him to hold this or that, or to run to the car to grab something I forgot.
He truely has the most patience I have ever seen.
The wedding went well.
I would have liked more time to shoot just the bride and groom, but then again I always say that.
Here is just a few of my favorite shots.
Still editing them though.
More pictures will be on my Photography blog.
jsearlephotography.blogspot.com
jsearlephotography.blogspot.com
or on Facebook at Jayme Searle Photography
This past week a tragic death happened in my hometown and it has really made me stop and think. What in my life do I value the most.
And questions like, if something were to happen to me tomorrow, what would people say I value the most.
And questions like, if something were to happen to me tomorrow, what would people say I value the most.
I have many responses that I would wish to hear but are they really what others around me are seeing?
Sometimes I feel like there is way too much that I could write about, like tonight, and other times I feel like I have nothing of any importance to say.
So I will leave you with a quote.
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
-Theodore Roosevelt



ahhh i love the wedding pictures! i'm so excited! love you.
ReplyDeleteI really like this post :) also that last picture with the bride's veil blowing in the wind, is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Probably one of my favorites ever taken by you, nice work!
ReplyDelete