Monday, December 12, 2011


{Ellie-One week old}

Yesterday was my due date but instead of being pregnant I was able to spend the day with my 2 1/2 week old. Our little Ellenor is sure growing up fast.

She hasn't been able to breast feed since she was born. The nurses at the hospital said that because she was so little she wouldn't be able to suck as hard and that she acted like a premie. I have been pumping and giving her a bottle ever since we left the hospital. A few days ago I decided to try a few other tricks. She has FINALLY started eating. It has made feeding times so much easier! Instead of an hour plus, it is 45 minutes or less. I know that seems like a silly thing to get excited about but after two weeks of being frustrated, it is a welcomed relief.

Other than her eating good, she is a very happy baby. Ellie is definitely my child. She likes to stay awake for a long time and not sleep very much.

Today my mom and dad are coming to visit before heading to Utah for Christmas. Baby Ellenor gets to meet her grandpa for the first time and I could not be more excited! This is going to be a fun holiday season for our little girl, she gets to meet a lot of family that is excited to finally get to see her.

2 comments:

  1. baby ellie!! oooh i can't wait to meet her one day! she is so adorable! and it totally made me smile when you said that she likes to stay awake for a long time and not sleep very much... totally you:) i'm glad though that she is finally eating! atta girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Li-Sha, can't wait to meet her, she's adorable! Sounds like she's doing great!

    allie

    ReplyDelete