Saturday, February 25, 2012


This past week has been a little bit crazy for us. Cody left for training on Monday morning in Arizona and returned at 3 AM on Friday. Ellie and I had to fend for ourselves and I am proud to say we survived quite nicely. Last Saturday we found the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls for $15 for both! We spent every night this week snuggling in our pj's and watching those witty girls. But we sure did miss Cody. Ellenor was a little hesitant with Cody yesterday morning, she wouldn’t smile for quite some time. But she has definitely warmed up to him again. They are currently both knocked out on the recliner taking their Saturday morning nap.
Ellenor is developing quite the little personality. Yesterday Cody kept saying things like “Wow, I still can’t believe how big she is!” She has started to almost whine instead of fuss. As Cody was playing with her this morning she started doing it again. Cody, being the mature adult he always is, started mimicking her. I think she likes having her dad home again.






She is getting so strong and is loving being on her stomach. She has even rolled over a few times. Now if she would only start doing it consistently and for Cody, that would be perfect!

Valentines day wasn’t anything too exciting. Once Cody got home from work we went to our ward’s valentines day dinner and dance. If you know Cody, you know that he does not dance. At all. In the two and a half years that we have been married he has danced with me once. ONCE! That’s it, not even at our wedding so it was pretty special. I made a “special” dinner on Friday night of ribs and cornbread. And it was A-Maz-ING! I sent Cody to the store and he also bought strawberries. We may or may not have eaten the entire pound of chocolate dipped strawberries I made in less than ten minutes. They were delicious.
Also, Cody got me a new serving plate and I absolutely LOVE it! The strawberries just looked too good on a new plate not to take a picture!


Between work, school, family, and baby we are going to be busy the next little while, which I absolutely love. Cody’s sister is blessing their little guy tomorrow. Next Saturday is my first 5K and I am freaking out and getting so excited! I am already ready for spring to get here and bring us nice weather so we can go hiking and camping and just be able to play outside.

Last night I booked us tickets for ALASKA this summer! It will be our first time flying with this sweet girl and also the first time she will be able to meet her great grandparents! Is it July already?

No comments:

Post a Comment