Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life lately... Has been pretty uneventful, just the everyday little things. But it's still been fun. 

Yesterday I told Cody that we were going out to eat. We got dressed up and had a date night with dad and loved 


We spend a good amount of our days snuggling and being absolutely silly. One of Ellie's new favorite things to do is watch videos of herself. She laughs and thinks she is hilarious, I'd have to agree! Her current toy of choice is the kitchen spatulas and measuring cups. 



I've been trying to get started on seriously getting the baby weight off. I started off just walking about three to four weeks after I had katelyn and am finally gettin back into running. I love that I am starting to slowly see muscle definition in my legs again. But it's not always easy to find time to workout with two adorable kiddos. If Ellie is awake workout time means climb all over mom time like she's an animal to ride. 

I did have a small victory the other day. I've struggled with my weight for a long time and my thighs have never been small at all. They would run together and if I tried to wear even basketball shorts without compression shorts underneath they would chafe and give me rashes. I bought some running shorts with a goal in mind to be able to run in them (and they were on clearance) and I did it! It's still not perfect but being able to run in shorts felt amazing! Especially on the treadmill inside a warm house. Some days you just have to celebrate the small victories and enjoy them and let the other things go. Balance. It's all about balance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment