Friday, November 8, 2013


I hate waiting. Absolutely hate it! And I have little patience for waiting which is probably why I’ve been forced to do so much of it lately. It feels like the past month has been spent waiting.


Waiting for the opportunity to buy a house. Waiting for the  government to open back up so we can buy a house. Waiting to close on a house. But we got the house! Now its waiting to get it all put together so we can move in. Waiting for Cody to have time to work on it. Waiting for Katelyn to get sleepy so we can go help. Waiting…


Waiting for a few hours at Lowes. At least we enjoyed looking at the Christmas decorations for a few minutes to help entertain us.


Sunday Ellie was sick and had a high fever. We spent the entire day waiting for her fever to go down and for her to start acting normal again. Thank heavens it only lasted one day, I was getting tired of the same disney movies over and over.



I've been waiting for Katelyn to roll over. She is almost there but not quite.



We've been trying to patiently wait for the November birthdays and Christmas. I am extremely excited for Christmas because I ordered some black boots but I have to wait... I've already finished shopping for the girl's and can't wait to see how excited Ellie will be.




A few other things that I've been waiting for are... to see progress of working hard to get this baby weight off, to get Katelyn moved out of our room and in with Ellie, to see family around the holidays, for Ellenor to start talking more. It seems like I keep waiting for the day when I can actually finish a to do list and not have only half the things I should get done crossed off. But despite waiting, we are trying to enjoy each day and make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. I hate waiting too!! You're not alone!! Waiting is not an easy thing...especially when you don't have control over it! Chloe has been going through this little phase lately that just makes me cracks up, but teaches me a lesson. When I get frustrated or upset about something, she will say 'patience, Mommy (or Daddy or even use our first names), patience! in the sweetest, most innocent voice! Ha! Why is it that we, mommies, sometimes learn the biggest lessons from our kids when we should be teaching them! Good luck with your new house:)

    ReplyDelete