Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's Mother's Day today. I don't want to seem ungrateful if I don't post about how amazing my mother, grandmothers, sisters, and all the other mothers that have influenced my life because I am very grateful for their example and all that they have taught me about motherhood. 

But my heart is heavy today as well because I have been thinking a lot about all the women who so desperately long to be mothers but are not able to be blessed with that opportunity yet. Or the women in my life who no longer have their children with them on this earth but in heaven. So far for me getting pregnant and carrying my own child has not been a challenge. If I want a baby, I don't have to struggle and try for very long to be bless with one. I know a few women who have suffered many miscarriages or have spent many months or years trying and not able to hold a baby in their arms. I think of them today and I know that sometimes they might hate me because it seems to come easy for me. I'm grateful for that but I am also blessed to have such women in my life. They are so strong and remind me everyday to be grateful for these two. 

My two girls will one day be mothers to their own children, at least I hope I do a good enough job that they'd want to be a mother and not just think motherhood turned me crazy. Somedays it just might seem like that but I was crazy and weird to begin with... But I want them to know that I tried as a mother. I tried tomake things   easier for them and teach them what they need to know. I tried and took the time to spend with them individually to let them know that I love them and always will. I want them to think back on their childhood and know that there mother was there no matter what. That I loved them unconditionally. That they could trust me and count on me and love me right back. 

So to all you mothers, daughters, grandmothers, soon to be or hopeful mothers, beautiful women... Know that today I am thinking of you. Know that you have influenced the lives of not only me but of my girls and are helping guide them through your example of what an exemplary woman should be. Today isn't just about women who have children but about all women who impact the lives of the impressionable young children for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment