Monday, July 28, 2014

I loved the Fourth of July growing up not only because of the fireworks and parades but because it was also both of my parents birthdays. We'd go watch the parade and go play in grandma and grandpas back yard (our hard had a lot of trees and dirt) so it was nice to play on grass and run through the sprinklers or play bad mitten, a lot of bad mitten. This year was a lot different, having two small kiddos makes things a lot different. 

When I started running my ultimate goal at the time was to run a 5k in under 30 minutes. The last 5k I ran was on thanksgiving and I missed that goal by about 2 minutes. I was determined to have an official time that was better than that so I decided to run a small local race on the fourth. It was so small on fact that I was the first woman finisher but only because all the really fast ladies in the community ran the 10k. The 10k racers started 5 minutes before us so the time on the clock was off and I think we finished later but I was still able to get under 30 minutes and my new goal is to keep getting faster. 


We didn't take the girls to watch the parade because it was definitely nap time. But we did have a BBQ with Cody's and then went and watched the fireworks. Kate finally fell asleep during the fireworks and Ellie was a little unsure of what to think. 




No comments:

Post a Comment