Motherhood is a rollercoaster. You can be going along nice and smoothly ut within a couple of seconds are plummeting down a 100 foot drop to your death. Or just the death of your current sanity!
Today I had one of those downhill fast moments. Now that its over I can laugh at it but in the moment I was furious. And completely disgusted.
Ellie has done great with potty training, except that she uses the excuse of needing to use the bathroom to delay sleeping. Today was no exception.
I had laid Ellie down for a nap and checked a few minutes later to see if she was still in her room. I was playing with Kate in the living room when Ellie came running in declaring that she needed to go potty. I told her to run in there and climb up on the toilet and I would be in in just a minute to help her finish. That was until she said she had pooped in her underwear.
I ran in there and she was not lying. Her underwear was full, it was smeared down her leg and all over the front of the toilet. She knew I wasn't happy but said she still needed to go so as she was scooting back onto her seat she kicked the poopy underwear at the wall. There was poop everywhere! It was awful and absolutely disgusting. I felt like I was having an out of body experience watching in disbelief as everything unfolded but unfortunately knowing what was going to happen next without time to stop it.
Now that its all cleaned up and she is taking a nap, it's funny. Absolutely disgusting but funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment