Ellie is a special girl. One of the things that we laugh at most is her throwing up. She does it every once in a while and every time it leaves us with a story that we can later laugh at.
We've taken her to the doctor for it but as far as we know there is nothing wrong. It has nothing to do with what she eats or any activities so it is completely unexpected. At the time it is not funny at all but afterwards we laugh a great deal.
In the house we were renting there was only tile in the bathroom and everywhere else in the house was carpeted, yes the kitchen and dining room were lovely carpet. We had put Ellie to bed one night but she stood at the edge of her crib crying. Cody went to check on her and from my spot on the couch I just saw him jump back. She had just barely missed him but managed to get it all over the carpet.
Another time she was sitting on the counter after dinner. She started to throw up on herself so Cody decided to move her over the sink. Well in this particular older house the cupboards didn't close all the way and she managed to make every single one of them her target!
A week and a half ago again she didn't want to go to sleep and was crying in our room. We were trying to calm her down and Cody picked her up to have her lie on his chest. As soon as his back hit the bed, she let it out. It somehow barely missed his face but landed all over his shoulder and the bed. That was one reason he decided to shave his beard.
And that brings us to tonight. If you are still reading this, I am impressed. Its probably not very funny to others but just recalling Cody's face of shock and horror as she makes the beginning sounds is priceless!
After dinner I took Kate into the living room to feed her while Cody and Ellenor were still in the kitchen. She started crying and Cody kept trying to get her to tell him what was wrong. There was a short pause before I heard it. The gurgling that rumbles through the throat before the big explosion. It sounded like he had dumped a gallon of water on the floor. And then he started calling for help. It was bad. And all over the kitchen floor.
I am so grateful for Cody. I cannot handle the smell! Give me a dirty diaper and I can manage but he cannot. Its a good trade off. He had to use a dust pan to clean it up while I happily gave her a bath.
Oh poor Ellie! I can see how this would be both very difficult/exhausting but also amusing. It's a good thing you're in your own house now! Luckily we have lots of hardwood floors so messes are easier to clean up...but my toes crave the carpet :/
ReplyDelete