Friday, March 21, 2014

Ellie does some pretty entertaining things. I thought I'd better keep track of a few before she stops and I forget. 

If she hears the word awesome she says " Ellie's awesome." 

Sneaks books into bed at nap time to read out loud to herself and Kate. 

She whispers come here when she wants to show you something and gets a grin on her face as if she's showing you a lost treasure. 

She has learned to shake her little hips and thinks its the funniest thing ever. Her dancing now includes hip shaking, running around in circles occasionally with her eyes closed and doing a downward facing dog and flopping onto her side calling it a flip. 

Ellie can be very polite at times. Today we were holding wipes and karate chopping them out of each others hands. Every time I would hit hers she would laugh but every time she would hit mine she would grab it off the floor while saying here you go mom. 

If I ask her to do something lately the response is "sure mom" or a no with a bobble head yes.

When there is good music on in the car she closes her eyes and sways her head from side to side excitedly saying "I dancing! I like sumic."

She calls music su mic. It's hilarious. 

Ellie was falling asleep on the swings today at the park. I told her it was time to go home so she could take a nap. She gave me this wide mouth grin and repeated "no nap! I happy!"

Cheetos. Every meal she requests Cheetos. 

When she is supposed to be in bed for the night she will come out of her room, climb up on my lap on the couch, put her hands on both my cheeks and kiss my forehead and then go play. Hopefully this will not be happening tonight because Cody is finally home but it did happen a couple times this week and it was just too sweet to forcefully tell her to go back to bed. 

Talking. So much talking! I told her Cody was in Colorado this week and she calls it colo wa wo. It's hilarious. 

Lotion. Lo-Shawn at least twice a day. And flowers. Everything she wears has to have a flower on it. 

If I run on the treadmill while she's awake she sits and yells faster mommy! Same with the car. "Faster mommy! Bad guys and monsters coming! Faster!"

I'll have to add to the list later but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. And because I'm also a little distracted because we are watching frozen for the umpteenth time.

1 comment:

  1. ellie's age has been my favorite age. my favorite kids in nursery are that age right now and it is a blast! i love the babbling and the talking and the silly things that they say.

    ReplyDelete