Kate is wanting to crawl so badly! She rocks on her hands and knees and has mastered going from sitting to her knees and back. She is a scooting machine and I know exactly what happens Ellie yells "no Kate! Don't get my toys!" Kate is becoming a threat to Ellie's toys and some days it's all I can do not to laugh when Ellie comes crying that Kate took a toy out of her hand.
When the weather is nice we try getting out for a little while each day.
Ellie is talking so much more now and says the funniest things, I just need to start writing them down. She still loves pirates and my little ponies toys (they come in packages so you don't know which ones you are getting and it's a surprise and they are little and she loves them. A lot.). She sings frozen songs at the top of her lungs and loves to hide. She loves string and tying things up. The other day I found all the wii remotes tied up to the cupboard hands and currently the dogs leash is tied to the refrigerator handle. She had a few melt downs and after 45 minutes of crying, screaming, and whining the only thing that saved us was coloring.
On Sunday at church we were in the hall waiting to go into the chapel and Ellie kept twirling and spinning. She lifted the edge of her skirt and kept Boeing and curtsying, thank you princess Sofia movie ...
Cody's been gone quite a bit for work the past few months and we've been trying to take advantage of the time when he is home. On Saturday I needed to do my last longer run before the half marathon on Saturday and he decided to come along on his bike with the kids in tow. And puppy... This puppy had never gone for a bike ride before and was not a fan at all. He kept getting scared and would stop right in front of Cody or stop and get dragged (not really dragged but tugging against his leash). I kept running and a few minutes later I look back to find Cody carrying him on his lap.
I am running my very first half marathon this weekend with my sister. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Ever since I started running a few years ago my goal has always been to run one. I signed up to do one after Ellie was born but my knees were giving me problems a few weeks before and I decided to stop training. But this time around has been different. My knees were starting to hurt as I put on more mileage at the end of January but after taking a few days off felt better. They still haven't been perfect and after Saturdays run they are definitely sore. This week I will take it easy (by eating ice cream and watching movies all week (just kidding)) and they should be just fine for Saturday. I am mostly in shock that it is already time! I've been working hard since November and its amazing to see that hard work pay off. When I started just bein able to consistently run, keep the same pace and run 11:30 minute miles was good but in the past few months I've taken an entire minute off my time. This summer I want to focus on being able to consistently run under 10 minute miles and run a 5k in under 30 minutes. I know it's doable and I'm exciting to have something to work towards.







You have to tell me about your half! I'm so excited for you!! It is SO much fun and you will feel AMAZING when it is over. Just remember to pace yourself and to enjoy it! Also, aren't foam rollers amazing?? I'm obsessed. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAllie