I wont lie, its a song I get pumped up to when I run and I love it. To me its about literally letting go and taking a breath. Its about getting rid of things and stop holding onto things that are negatively affecting you in your life. In my life its about letting go of all the things I can't do or accomplish. Its about learning to let go when I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water to all the things that aren't important so I am able to refocus on what is.
When I listen to this song I am reminded that I am not going to be perfect, ever. And that's perfectly alright. But what I can do is change my attitude to one that is more positive. In the song she talks about not letting her fears control her anymore and testing the limits. Its about letting go of the fear of trying that is holding me back from trying new things, from being a better friend, or wife or mother because they are unfamiliar. Let go of that fear and just do it. Try it, why not?!
Let go of the fear of not being good enough. Or just enough in general. I wont lie, sometimes I doubt my role as a mother and a wife and wonder how different things would be if I was a completely different person. I look at others and think that they are so much better than me, more spiritual, more in tune with their children's needs, their relationship with their husbands looks so much different than mine. But I am learning to let them go. Let go of the comparing and just try to do better today to be better than I was yesterday, not someone else.
So here I am, and here I will stay. Because I am learning to let go to be a better me. The best me I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment