We headed to Twin this afternoon to make a "quick" Costco run. We should have known that those are impossible. Cody's quick stop at the store (the main store he works for in twin) ended up being me and the girls playing in the pick up for over an hour while I patiently waited for Cody to return so I could use the restroom (that place is a maze).
I usually make up some excuse to swing by target but decided this would be a purely Costco trip and I was very proud of myself. As we were headed that way Ellie kept complaining about her stomach hurting. I should have caught on to the hints of refusing any and all food and only requesting milk as meaning this was a day she was going to throw up. So she's complaining about her stomach hurting and blah blah blah. I turn to ask Cody is he has cash for us to grab a slice of pizza for her to eat while we shop and that's when I heard it. It was bad. All over her and her beloved blanket and puddle beneath her. We made a stop at target to grab new clothes and get her cleaned up. Ellie didn't mind because Cody picked up clothes off the clearance rack and the shirt happened to be hello kitty.
I forgot to mention that she is going through a naked phase. Since we got home she has been taking off her pjs so she can wear the hello kitty shirt which was in the wash with her blanket.
And miss Kate has had a fever today. Boo! But that hasn't stopped her too much, just and extra nap and snuggles. She is officially moble and nothing in the house is safe anymore.
To add to the mess of the throw up all over the car seat, clothes, and blanket... Just as my luck would have it the washer decided to start leaking. But I'm pretty sure that was user error, it's not a good idea to walk around the house and find more things to shove in the washer. It's better to just make another pile for another load.
Thank heavens today is over. And for an amazing husband who helps clean up throw up and doesn't complain when he returns home at 8:30 from a job and has to immediately fix a washer instead of eating his first meal of the day.



I am so sorry, Jayme! It's gotta be especially hard since you can't always predict when Ellie will "get sick". I hope it passes quickly and you can all go back to wearing one outfit a day ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you remember me from back in the Rexburg student ward but my sister would get sick like that and she would also be very picky about food and eat very little at a time and parents found out that it was her tonsils bothering her. It is just a suggestion. I hope all goes well.
ReplyDelete