As we were unbuckling the kids I told Cody to bring his phone in so that we could take pictures with her and the girls but we completely forgot. She had just moved into the room on Saturday but it looked very cozy. We talked about how exciting it was that her room's window over looked the school's playground.
Ellie made herself right at home. She was so curious about the hand painted ceramic cat and would not leave a glass apple alone. We had visited her two weeks before while she was in The rehab facility and Ellie kept using her walker as a podium to say prayers at. She celebrated her 90th birthday on Easter but had fallen ill a few days before and was in the hospital. We were able to go see her on her birthday. We had a nice little chat but she mentioned how sad she was that she didn't get to see her grandkids and great grand kids very often.
She ended up passing away on Memorial Day evening, not long after we got to visit with her. As we were leaving Ellie have her the biggest hug and just snuggled right up to her. At her funeral they sang "have I done any good in the world today?"
I didn't get to know her as well as I would have liked but what I do know is that she loved her family very much and loved to serve them. That is the kind of woman I want to be and am so lucky to have such amazing women in my life who are such great examples of what a true daughter of God and disciple of Christ are.

No comments:
Post a Comment