Wednesday, June 18, 2014


Last Sunday we decided to take a drive and go exploring. After naps of course. Doesn't Cody look thrilled that his was cut short?! 





Cody was scouting out places to ride his 4 wheeler and I was looking for places to hike or have a picnic. 

And Elle just thought it was fun to be out of the car seat and take a million pictures on my phone. 


We found a new spot to adventure to in Big Cottonwood canyon, Idaho not utah. We took the wrong path that led between the hills not up them so next time we know where to go. But it was still perfect and Kate "sang" in my ear the entire way. 


Ok so It wasn't 100% perfect because I almost died. Not really but it felt like it. As we were walking along, minding my own business of course, this snake has the nerve to run right in front of my feet! If it weren't for my serious reflexes and being able to jump so high and sideways I would have stepped right on the dang thing. I gave it a nice yelp, not a scream, and I think it messed with my heart a bit because it was beating pretty dang hard. Moral of the story is I have awesome reflexes and if you ever want to test yours out go hiking in southern idaho. And Cody thinks in even more of a whimp. 

I'm awesome with the backpack selfies. It's a work in progress... 





1 comment:

  1. I was always terrified of seeing a snake when we lived in Idaho!! One of my friends was swimming in the Snake River and he claims there were water snakes swimming by them!! I would have cried if I saw that. Good thing you have such good reflexes!

    ReplyDelete