Well staying up until one am just to finish a puzzle may not have been the best idea.
It sure was a pretty one though!
So back to the to do list for birthday stuff: the cake. Cody requested his normal pumpkin ice cream (it is even better than a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ!) and an angel food cake. The thing about me is that I really like food and sweets but I also am bad at following directions. More importantly reading all of them before I start and angel food cake is a pretty complex. At least Cody was very optimistic about my cake making skills and said if the cake didn't turn out at least the batter tastes good. Do not eat the batter! It is disgusting and bitter tasting. And very foamy! Fingers crossed it turns out, it currently in the oven.
As for the rest of the list, like cleaning the house, it's on hold. Actually it's on the I really don't care right now because I'm tired and want a nap but I've got a cake baking so at least I'm doing something - list.
We don't go all out for birthdays, usually just a small present. This year codys surprise gift got spoiled by my sweet little Ellie. She asked Cody if we could watch the Aladdin movie that was going to be his birthday present... Four days before his birthday. The funny part is that he and Ellie have a planned Christmas gift for me that I have been trying to pry out of her for a good week now with zero progress. At least she can keep some secrets...
Like I said- we are really exciting. Blueberry bagels for birthday breakfast, classy!
Ellenor has a framed picture of Cody holding her for the very first time at the hospital on her nightstand. I told her we were going to have pictures taken and for the few days leading up to them she kept talking about the new picture of her and her dad that she was going to have for her room. She kept asking Kate if she wanted a picture of her and dad in her room. Needless to say we are all very excited to see them! It's hard sometimes to remember to take pictures often. It's easy to push them off until you lose five pounds or until you have another kid but I'm excited to have our family documented with my girls at the stages they are in.
After we put the girls to bed on Saturday Cody and I sat and watched a movie while eating the girls's halloween candy. He casually threw a milk duds box in my direction and it nailed me square in the forehead. Thinking that it was hilarious, he did it again! And guess where it hit me? Yup, the corner of the dumb box hit me right in between my eyes again. Don't worry, I got him back yesterday and pegged him right on his forehead.




No comments:
Post a Comment