Tonight was the General Relief Society meeting of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It. Was. AMAZING.
President Uchtdorf started out by saying that you and God know that you are not perfect. The person you think that is perfect, both God and them know that they are not perfect. He talked about not comparing ourselves to others and focusing on what we are good at. Lately I have felt like I really don't have very many talents. The ones I do have are small and seem insignificant. He talked about how a forget-me-not flower may be small and insignificant in a bed of flowers but they are still beautiful. I love that! He also talked about how we should be happy now. We shouldn't wait for our Golden Tickets in Willy Wonka's chocolate bars to be happy. We need to not spend so much time waiting for the big great events to happen to us. It is the small things that matter and should make us happy now.
With this little girl on the way I sometimes feel like I just want her here now. I don't want to wait! When she gets here I will be happy and not quite so lonely during the daytime. But why should I wait for that Golden ticket?! It was a very much needed lesson for me, I guess you could call it a reality check.
Cody and I were discussing the unplanned timing of this little girl last night. Even though unexpected, it is absolutely perfect. We are at a point in our marriage that we get along so well, Cody has a steady job and is done with school, and we are just ready.
It. Was. AMAZING.
President Uchtdorf started out by saying that you and God know that you are not perfect. The person you think that is perfect, both God and them know that they are not perfect. He talked about not comparing ourselves to others and focusing on what we are good at. Lately I have felt like I really don't have very many talents. The ones I do have are small and seem insignificant. He talked about how a forget-me-not flower may be small and insignificant in a bed of flowers but they are still beautiful. I love that! He also talked about how we should be happy now. We shouldn't wait for our Golden Tickets in Willy Wonka's chocolate bars to be happy. We need to not spend so much time waiting for the big great events to happen to us. It is the small things that matter and should make us happy now.
With this little girl on the way I sometimes feel like I just want her here now. I don't want to wait! When she gets here I will be happy and not quite so lonely during the daytime. But why should I wait for that Golden ticket?! It was a very much needed lesson for me, I guess you could call it a reality check.
Cody and I were discussing the unplanned timing of this little girl last night. Even though unexpected, it is absolutely perfect. We are at a point in our marriage that we get along so well, Cody has a steady job and is done with school, and we are just ready.
11 weeks left!
She is getting big!!! Which in turn means that my belly is really getting big. Everyone says that the last little while of pregnancy drags on. But I say bring it! It couldn't be better timing! We've got Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then BABY! And then of course Christmas. Our poor little girl will think the only songs her dad knows is Christmas because I will not let him sing Christmas before Thanksgiving and after Christmas. So he will be singing A LOT of Christmas music to her when she is first born.
Young Womens will also keep me very busy! Between weekly Wednesday activities, lessons every Sunday, and Young Womens in Excellence in November, I think I will be pretty occupied. Good luck time, I dare you to try coming slow.
Young Womens will also keep me very busy! Between weekly Wednesday activities, lessons every Sunday, and Young Womens in Excellence in November, I think I will be pretty occupied. Good luck time, I dare you to try coming slow.
That's how i'm thinking too :) between school, holidays and visits to family this time is flying by!!!! if you ever want I can crochet you flowers and you can do the booties and will just call it an even trade :) booties have been successful but i'd rather make bigger things :)
ReplyDelete