It has already been a long week and it is only Wednesday! Poor baby Ellie has been sick for the past week and a half with a cold and it is really starting to get to her. She decided the other night to start up a rebellion called “The Babies Against Sleep Movement .” Good thing it didn’t stick! Cody is such a good sport and would trade off trying to get her to sleep half way through the night. She finally slept again last night like she has been for the past few months, until at least 3:30 am and then once she eats goes right back to sleep. That might actually mean I can actually get school work done and have two hands to do it, after this post of course!
We are already in for some serious trouble. She is rolling like crazy. I put her on a blanket so that if she spits up it is a lot easier clean up. I left the living room for two seconds and came back to her half way across the room looking as innocent as can be! That little trickster! She definitely gets it from her dad! Surprisingly her favorite is to roll from her back to her belly and once there she is usually content to hang out like that for a while.
We are already in for some serious trouble. She is rolling like crazy. I put her on a blanket so that if she spits up it is a lot easier clean up. I left the living room for two seconds and came back to her half way across the room looking as innocent as can be! That little trickster! She definitely gets it from her dad! Surprisingly her favorite is to roll from her back to her belly and once there she is usually content to hang out like that for a while.
The only way I could get her to sleep for more than 5 minutes was to put her in her swing, which she loves! But even then it would only last for a little while but at least it kept her entertained! Ellenor has recently decided that swaddling is for babies and no matter what blanket I use or how tight I wrap her, she always gets those little hands out and starts sucking away on them. She also gets her feet free and they just start kicking like crazy!
I am doing another 5K this weekend and am getting really excited. Cody also might be playing in a local volleyball tournament for charity, not going to lie I am a little jealous! Cody has been working his tail off, he has got a lot on his plate at work but is working hard to keep his head above water. Not to mention coming home to a messy house, half naked baby, and wife who hasn't done anything but shower, hey at least I don't stink! He is one brave man and we sure do love him. It is fun to watch him play with Ellenor now that she is a lot more talkative and will grab things, like HAIR! Did I mention she is going to be a handful?
I can't believe how fast this little girl is growing up! She is still a baby, my baby. But pretty soon she is going to be crawling, she already puts her bum up in the air and puts her weight on her knees while her face is smashed into the floor. 3 1/2 months old, I still can't believe it has been that long!
If I had my guess, I would say she gets the trickster thing from you. I remember a certain Alaskan roommie being the ring leader of all the gags-and that wasn't me, I was victim. Don't they say karma gives trouble-makers a child just like them? Bahahaha! Your in for it (but don't worry so much, she will be tons of fun just like you!)
ReplyDelete