I've seen a lot of Christmas wish lists lately and because I have been having a difficult time putting one together for myself I thought I would write a different kind of wish list. A wish list for Ellie.
To Ellenor,
-I wish that you can look back at pictures of this first year with us and can see how much your dad and I love you.
- If you only learn one thing from me I wish that would be that you know you are a daughter of a God that loves you so very much.
- I wish in 15 years that you can still look in the mirror and smile as big as you do now.
-I wish that we can always have open communication and that you will always feel welcome to rest your head on my shoulder as easily as you do now.
- I wish you never lose your spunky personality. You are constantly laughing and smiling and I hope that you can continue to always be happy.
- I wish that you will continue to enjoy our nights alone without dad home. A picnic in the living room, beauty and the beast, and snuggling was exactly what I needed the other night and it was perfect. I hope nights with mom will be something you look forward to.
- I wish that you never stop being excited to see your dad come home. He is the best dad any girl could have and he loves you more than you could ever imagine.
- I wish you never stop being excited about the Christmas tree and the holidays. It is an amazing time of the year.
- I wish that you will continue to like vegetables because they are good for you and I won't force you to eat Brussels sprouts if you still like broccoli in a few years.
- I wish you will never stop being curious. You love to explore new things and always have to know what's going on, it will be annoying but you will learn so much.
- I wish that you will always love to read. I didn't learn to live it until many years after I should have and I missed out in so many great books and lessons.
- I wish that you will continue to be friendly to strangers and smile at those in need. You always brighten someone's day when you acknowledge them, especially the ones I don't notice.
- I wish that you will still let me dress you in what I think is cute for at least a few more years.
- I wish you will keep your love of babies and other kids. Watching you hold and cuddle your teddy bear or baby doll make me excited to see how you will love a little brother or sister someday.
- I wish you will still remind me that spending time with is the most important. The dishes and laundry can always wait and you help remind me of what is of most importance to me.
I love you Ellenor and I am so excited to continue to watch you grow and learn. I hope you never doubt how much we love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment