This kiddo turned one a week and a half ago. I'm still in denial that it has been a full year already. She is so funny and is constantly making us laugh. Today for example, my friend Kayla came over for lunch (Cody and I bought stuff for fondue on Saturday and didn't make it and now he's in California and I needed help eating it) and she helped Ellie with her fake laugh, she thinks she is pretty funny. Ellie hasn't stopped doing it yet.
Her actual birthday wasn't anything too special, just errands and normal Saturday stuff like watching a movie on the coach with dad. Sunday we had a small family birthday. We got her a doll and little stroller (because she loves to push things around) and a wooden puzzle. They were both perfect and I'm glad we didn't buy a lot of presents. She is great at pulling all the puzzle pieces out and has actually started to be able to put them completely in the hole where they go. She likes her doll and will cuddle it and pat its head, that motherly instinct starts young I guess. We didn't do anything grand with a cake either, just picked one up from the store (it was a crazy busy weekend with no time for baking) and gave her a piece. She laughed and pointed to her cousins if they were being silly at the table. It was just perfect for her. I think she would have been overwhelmed by much else and it was just right. She will only get a few small gifts for Christmas and I am already thinking that 3 might be too many.
I'm so glad that Ellenor is who she is. She is independent and can sit and read by herself but also loves to play with me. She loves to explore and is quite intelligent. Especially if it involves finding where we hid the remotes. She loves people and does really well with strangers and friends. She loves other kids and especially loves to watch babies. She is the perfect daughter for our family and we are so excited to watch her grow and learn new things over the next year.




Oh man is she cute! I like your idea of having a small-ish and quiet first birthday. At that age they really don't care about presents and can easily be overwhelmed. It sounds like it was perfect! When Charly turns 1, we're not doing anything huge either. We probably won't even know anyone around us to party with if we happen to move by then. small and simple is the way to go :)
ReplyDelete