Thursday, February 14, 2013

This week has been a roller coaster I emotions. Between not the most comforting news on Tuesday at my doctors appointment to plans completely falling through to tests and essays and other big homework assignments. To top it all off we haven't been sleeping the best at night and I have been gone every night this week. Oh yea, the whole pregnancy hormones adds to it to.

This morning I was stressed to say the least. Completely overwhelmed would be more accurate. I had a two page essay and my first major test due before midnight and I had to be in town by 6. This morning I was a little mad about the fact that valentines wasn't anything special. We don't usually celebrate with anything big but we are on a budget and we've spent the allotment for the month to play. I was disappointed because we won't be celebrating my birthday with anything besides maybe a cake because we will have a brand new baby, hopefully.

Cody being the amazing man that he is only worked a half day and came home at lunch to watch Ellie for the afternoon so I could get homework done. I got home about 8 and we put Ellie to bed. Cody said he had something for me, I'm thinking to myself "it's 8:45 and your going outside to your pick up, what is it?!" He pulls out his lap top and he has written me 23 reasons why he loves me. (i was on the phone giving my dad ideas for valentines day ideas for my mom, she teaches piano until 8pm on Thursdays and they go out to eat almost every weekend so the idea was to write down 30 reasons why he loves her because this is their 30th valentines day together. Cody overheard and loved the idea!) I was a complete mess! Everything from this week came out and I was bawling. And because he knows me so well brought me a treat of powdered donuts and orange soda! (I always ask if we can get them but never do because we don't need them).

Although its been a disaster of a week, not everything this week has been bad just a lot more than usual, I am grateful for an amazing husband who pays attention to my needs and takes care of me. I am so grateful for Cody because he is aware of what is going on and is actively involved whenever he is home. He recognizes the little things that I do to try and make our home comfortable and a happy place to be. He notices things that are just habit to me and loves me for my quirks and despite my bad temper at times. Forget the chocolates, treats, and flowers, being told you are loved and that you are noticed was all I needed to make this week turn a complete 180.







2 comments:

  1. i hope everything with your pregnancy turns out great! and that picture of ellie with her sock in her mouth cracks me up. she's so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is going ok with the news from your doctor. We love you guys. Hopefully we can all play some this summer when we're both done with school and you're loving on your new baby.

    ReplyDelete