Getting back to running is going to be a lot tougher than I think I ever imagined. The first mile I was feeling great and then I started cramping in my side. I walked for a few minutes until I could comfortably run again. Also when I started walking I when I switched from the asphalt road to the canal bank. Oh how I miss that route! There is no one around and it's quiet except for the noise of water and the birds. Almost everytime I run there is always a bird in the brush that flies out of the brush and scares the living daylight out of me but not today. Overall it was a good run and I'm not feeling too tired yet so that's a good sign.
We headed to the fair on Tuesday and I would say it was a success. Ellenor did not want to leave the cows, she was slightly obsessed. She would squeal and point to everyone. We grabbed some food and walked around some more. I'm excited to go back tonight (I love that there is no entrance fee!) and get different fair food, it's the best.
Wednesday was the parade that they always do on fair week. Before the parade had even started Ellie was waving at all the cars and people walking by. Taking a kid to a parade is a lot more entertaining. Anytime there was music she was dancing and spinning. She loved getting candy and scored big, she also got a stuffed animal lion, a frisbee, and a stress ball. It helps having such a cute kid when you want free things. Whenever they would toss candy she would squeal. A few times those squeals were so cute they threw an extra handful.
Yesterday Cody's family picked corn from the field to freeze. They got up at 6:30 to pick it before it got too warm while I slept and eventually got the girls ready. It's a pretty long process. You have to husk it, clean it, boil it, cut it off the cob all before you can put it in the freezer. I wasn't much help, I just watched kids inside and ate cookies. It usually takes all day but they finished before lunch because they had so many people helping. We may be eating quite a bit of corn in the near future because this sweet corn is amazing. If it was acceptable to only eat corn on the cob for a meal I would totally do it!






1. i just realized the last time i saw ellie, she wasn't even walking yet.
ReplyDelete2. it IS acceptable to only eat corn on the cob for a meal, i did it in college and it was the best.
3. i love county fairs!