Being a mom is hard work. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying. It's not easy but it is so worth it. I absolutely love being a mother and being able to raise these two sweet girls.
I feel like there is so much pressure to always have a perfect house, no messes or things out of place and because I'm a stay at home mom dinner should be a gourmet meal every night. But I'm slowly learning that that isn't my reality. We do pretty good at keeping it straightened up but if you come over just don't expect me to whip out the vacuum right then to sweep up the Cheerios that just got smashed into the carpet. I'm learning that everything has its time and place. The time for cleaning is in the morning for me and then I have to let it go and move on.
I'm learning that the more time I spend actively involved with these girls the more relaxed I am through out the whole day. Ellenor's giggle is infectious and it brightens up the whole house even if it turns into a high pitched screech. I'm learning to slow down and just enjoy each day. Enjoy each of the little things they do, the new discoveries they make, the excitement of recognition. Ellie is starting to play on her own and it's been fun to watch but also fun when she drags me into her make believe world.
Yesterday was a good day. We played alot. We had a tickle fight, made up dances to songs, did a puppet show, played with her baby dolls. These are the things that matter, not how long the dishes sit on the counter undone or unfolded laundry on the couch. These girls are what matter.









No comments:
Post a Comment