This past weekend we were able to spend time in Boise, Cody had to do some work and I got to run my first 5k race! It ended up being a little over 5 miles and my sister in law JaNae and I finished it in 47 minutes! We also celebrated by going out to eat at Tucano's Brazilian Grill and it was amazing even though I was harassed for turning down the grilled pineapple only to steal some from Cody's plate.
Yesterday I was feeling pretty good about the run and decided to do a 3 mile run because I have got it in my head that a half marathon isn't too long. Yea right! It was 60 degrees and sunny out, I got a little bit too excited about running and decided to go a different way than I normally do. The first mile was great! I felt like I could run forever and the wind wasn't really blowing at all. Not having to hold onto the stroller and have it still move at the same pace should have been my first indicator. Eventually I turned around and I might as well have been doing lunges the entire way home because it sure felt like it! The wind was blowing so hard! Come to find out when I get home that the wind is blowing at 20 MPH. Needless to say I will be checking the weather next time, not just the temperature.
Ellenor is growing fast! I can't believe she is already 3 1/2 months! She is really starting to show her personality and so far we absolutely love it. She has to be the center of attention and if she isn't she is sure to let you know either by whining or by her new favorite SPITTING! She loves to smile and is getting really good at attracting new friends with her lure. She just wants to be constantly sitting up and if she is lying down she wants to be rolling, which she is getting to be really good at.
haha 5k and 5miles, same thing same thing... jayme! you are my motivation! i need to start running!
ReplyDelete