Sunday, July 8, 2012

 

Cody went on a hot date last weekend while we were in Utah. (Thanks again mom for watching Ellie for us!) And by hot I mean that it was a good 90+ degrees at 7 pm.

We went to a place called Trafalga in Orem. They have mini golf (indoor and outdoor), batting cages, go-karts, a mini 3D movie, arcade with prizes, and food like dip and dots. Well we didn't wear closed toed shoes and found out that you had to have them in order to go go karting. We were just about to leave and go buy a cheap pair at Target when we decided to check out the course. I am so glad we did! It was a circle, literally. The people that were driving them had the wheel in the same position the entire time! 

We decided to just mini golf and play in the arcade instead. As we were playing mini golf we realized how boring of a game it actually is, especially when you have to wait forever for the people in front of you. We ended up messing around by hole 6 (only using left hand, knocking away each other's balls, throwing them...) and soon after decided we would rather do something else. We sucked it up until hole 12 just so we could take a picture with the castle and decided that we'd seen enough. 

Cody found his love for arcade games the last week we lived in Rexburg. He is good at them and is seriously a little kid when it comes to those darn machines. We were a little disappointed because all the games were like casino games for children, gamble your coin away and see if you can even get one ticket! But I did end up schooling Cody in one of the basketball shooting games and we did get some cool little toy airplanes.


When I was little I LOVED to ride bikes! Our back yard shared a fence with the church parking lot and we would spend hours out there riding all around. Well I have never had my own bike, just always ones handed down from older siblings. I miss riding a bike! Ever since we've been married we have talked about getting bikes so that we have something to do together. Well Cody surprised me this year for my birthday and got me a bike! I know its not quite my birthday yet but we figured why not go a head and use them! I am still in shock that I have my own bike!!!! We went to Twin yesterday to look for a trailer but came up empty handed. I want a trailer that will convert into a jogging stroller and I think I have found the perfect one. Now just to get it ordered and here before we leave for Alaska!

Speaking of running... June was an awful month for me. It was busy and I just did not make time to run. Well to get me more motivated to run regularly I signed up for another race. My goal race for the year... A HALF MARATHON! Last night I had my mouse on the Register button, all my information entered in including the credit card, and I thought What the heck am I thinking?! This is ABSOLUTELY nuts and I am going to die!!! Well I better get my butt in gear and get going. I have something to work towards and I am so excited to actually do it. Feel free to ask me how I am doing, actually I urge you to check in on me every once in a while. I am going to need all the help I can get.

 Oh, one last thing... Ellenor has been really crawling, like everywhere and to everything for the past few days now... Our baby isn't too little anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment