Thursday, May 9, 2013

Some days you just need a good chat. Last night it was with my dad. With all the craziness that he has been dealing with (getting grandma's house packed up and moved all the while trying to get their own house packed and mission papers in) he is still just as amazing as ever.

We were talking about perspective. The care taker lady that visits my grandmother for a few hours a day enjoys it because her mother at home sometimes doesn't even remember who she is. As we were discussing perspective and how things always seem terrible to us until we hear someone else's story it reminded me of a quote from my favorite movie, Ever After.

"No matter how bad things get, they can always get worse."

The funny part about it was as we were saying our goodbyes I asked if there was anything we could do to help and dad just said come and trade me. Jokingly I told him that I'd love to come pack if he wanted to be pregnant.  I may have complained for a minute or two about how this kid is sure making herself cozy in my ribs and that Ellenor's new favorite thing is to sit in front of me and bounce off my belly. But really I have nothing to complain about.

Sometimes I like to think I have it bad, well not bad necessarily but I think if possible I would change things. For example, the house we live in. Its a smaller two bedroom house but it definitely has a lot of space and I love that. A few weeks ago I found myself annoyed that the kitchen was so close to our bedroom. If only we had more space between our bedroom and the kitchen, even a set of stairs would help, than maybe Cody would actually make me breakfast in bed. We used to get breakfast in bed on special occasions like birthdays. I know this is completely ridiculous to even be admitting but it bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment