We try to spend as much time outside as possible when it's nice because Idaho weather is very unpredictable. The wind can pick up fast speeds in no time! I have quite a bit of schoolwork built up from last week that is due on Friday and of course there is getting the house put back together and laundry to do.
But despite all the inside needs we decided to head outside for a bit. I love having a toddler! She notices every little thing about the yard and the outside of the house. Flowers are the most intriguing thing of the day to touch. We sat on the front patio for a good ten minutes watching the trees and listening to the birds. Every time a new chirping sound was made she would point with an excited smile and ask what's that?!
We switched Ellenor's bed the other night and I was pretty nervous. I was afraid we would be up all night trying to keep her in her bed and constantly fighting her. She usually sleeps great and will even take me into her room when she is ready for a nap. Saturday night we kept her up a little bit later to make sure she was tired before laying her down in bed. When we laid her down in bed she went right to sleep! We didn't change anything about her bed except for the side railing. We also switched which side her head goes and that had me worried. So far it hasn't bugged her. When she wakes up she still stands by the door on her bed and either taps the handle or plays with the light switch. She knows how to get on and off of her bed but for some reason she still likes to stand there and wait for us to come and get her. I think not having a lot of toys and playing in her room has helped a lot with this transition. The only toys are a few stuffed animals in her closet but we shut it at night.
I really hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this but I'm glad it's been easy so far. She's been really good at going down to bed and she's usually great at taking naps but last week had me really worried. We both knew she would be ready soon and with this new babies arrival fast approaching we decided to just go for it!



When my nephew switched to a toddler bed, it took him days to figure out he wasn't trapped and could get out. I can't believe E is big enough to sleep in one! Wasn't she just born?
ReplyDelete