There has been a lot lately that has got me thinking about my marriage and the man I married. I came across a blog a few weeks ago about a lady who recounts her husbands passing, he was having an affair with a married woman and was shot by her husband. What a terrible and sad situation. I have actually enjoyed reading her blog because she talks about having faith and hope through the whole thing. But my heart sinks every time she talks about the weeks leading up to the tragic event because I wont lie, losing my husband to someone else is one of my biggest fears. The biggest being losing him in general.
It has got us both talking quite a bit about our relationship and where we are in life and in our marriage. I know (at least I am pretty dang sure) I would be able to tell if something were wrong between us or if something was going on. We have very open communication and I love that. I love that Cody is a nice guy but knows where to draw the line with other women and co-workers. On his trip to Denver last week a married guy he works with did something silly but said that he wouldn't tell his wife. That if she didn't know everything was ok and had the attitude that it wouldn't affect his marriage. I believe that any secrets or lies create a wedge in any relationship. (If its a secret about a present or something along those lines that is completely different.)
Just having conversations with Cody helps to reassure me what a good man he is and that he really does love me. When he leaves on these business trips, its not just a vacation for him to get away from the family but that he really does miss us.
He is so good to put up with all our crazy ideas. A few weeks ago he got home early from work and I made him go out to play. We had a family date to the library and grabbed some ice cream cones on the way home. Ellie loved looking through books with her dad and showing him the toys that she likes to play with there.
We put the kids to bed on Thursday when he got home and not even a half an hour later Ellie snuck out of her room with her blanket. Cody welcomed her with open arms and they slept on the couch for half the night. He is such an amazing father and husband, I honestly don't know what I did to deserve him. I have been so blessed to have Cody in my life and look forward to all the adventures that lie ahead.


No comments:
Post a Comment