This past week we took a mini vacation to Boise. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it was absolutely perfect.
We drove up Tuesday after Cody got off work, grabbed a quick dinner and then headed back to the hotel to snuggle and watch a movie. We woke up the next morning and had an amazing breakfast. The continental breakfast included a chef making fresh eggs however you wanted and they tasted perfect everytime. I want to hire a chef to make me an omlet every morning, that would be so nice!
The hotel had a pool and a separate one foot kiddie pool. We hung out in the pool for a bit, did some shopping, grabbed lunch and then came back to take naps. Instead of paying to go see animals at the zoo or aquarium we hit up cabelas! And pet smart to look at dogs because we really like dogs, just not at our house. Yet...
We planned our mini vacation around nap times and food. One night we ate at red lobster, lets just say that Ellie wasn't on her best of quietest behavior. There was a couple sitting next to us in a suit and his wife was all dolled up in a nice dress and her we are with two noisy kids and Ellie crawling all around under that table. As we were leaving Ellie refuse to put her coat on so I carried her outside without it on. There were quite a few people waiting to be seated and Cody caught a few of the comments I got as I walked out. One lady called Ellie spoiled because she didn't want to put on her coat. Another mentioned that she needed a coat because she was going to freeze. It's funny how no matter what you do or how hard you try people are going to judg how you parent and criticize what your doing.
We played with Cody's sister and her family and even went swimming with them. Ellie absolutely loves her cousin Chloe and copied everything she did. If Chloe would laugh, Ellie would choke out the most fake laugh and smile right at her.
I love that Cody knows me so well. He knows just what I need and I love it. On Thursday when he picked up the pizza he also grabbed something else for after te kids went to bed, Ben and Jerry's ice cream! It was a great way to end the week.
It was the perfect, most relaxing vacation. We spent a lot of time playing, laying with our feet in front of the fire place and just taking time to be with each other. With Cody being gone for almost the next month it was just what we needed.






everybody knows that the very definition of spoiled is 'toddler that doesn't want to put her coat on'. i'm very surprised you didn't know that! i can't believe how big kate is! your girls are darling, as usual. even when they're spoiled ;-)
ReplyDelete