Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am currently sitting reclined in the most comfortable bed that could be in a hotel. Thank you Marriott! Oh, and Cody's work. I am listening to the sound of the television playing quietly in the background and miss Ellenor talking to herself and rolling all over the bed. She is barricaded in with pillows but has still managed to change directions many times. She has kicked all the blankets off of her and has been rolling around perfectly happy for the past hour. I am not even going to try to contain her at this point, especially because of the day she has had. 

Cody had work to do up in the Rexburg area and not having anything else going on besides homework but that can always wait until after play, I couldn't resist coming along for the ride. We spent the day with three of my most favorite girls while Cody was out doing his thing and Ellenor loved it! 

Li-sha's was our first stop and we just love her. She is just so fun and its nice to have someone to discuss Alaska and all its amazing summer fun that we are missing. She is also making the most beautiful afghan that I have ever seen. She was working on it the last time that we saw her, 42 crocheted squares takes a lot longer to make than you would think. She is very patient and very, very brave.

Kaylene and I were neighbors growing up and I was so sad when she moved three hours away right when I was about to start middle school (we were a year apart in school). She has spent the past 18 months (plus a little over a month being home in Alaska before heading to Idaho for school) in California serving a mission and just being amazing. It was so fun for her to finally get to meet Ellenor. They get along very well already, I don't think Ellenor really stopped smiling the entire time we were there. Well, that is not counting the time I whipped out the camera, she is on smiling strike when that thing is around. Kaylene is great with babies and I am so excited for her to be an aunt.

We spent the evening with our good friends Kristi and Eric. We absolutely love spending time with them and love watching them with Ellie. She especially loves Eric, I sometimes think even more than me or Cody. We are so excited for them to be parents, they find out next week if the little peanut (well 10 inch peanut) is a boy or girl!!! Can't wait for that phone call!

Sometimes I get down and feel as if we have no friends who really care about us or what is going on in our lives. But I know that is just Satan working his awful magic because we have the best friends anyone could ask for. They do care and actually like us enough to let us come visit them. Thank heavens for great the best friends.

Ellie decided to move the pillows and just about fell off of the bed. I don't think any of the neighbors would have liked to hear a loud scream at midnight. She is currently burrowing her head into the pillows trying to fall asleep. This may be a long, interesting night...

3 comments:

  1. what? ellie was trying to go to sleep? ...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your girl and want you to know that I care about you. :) I get the same way sometimes but then Heavenly Father goes and reminds me of all my great friends I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading about what is going on in your life....that makes me sound like a creeper....but you inspire me! (less creeper?)

    ReplyDelete