Monday, June 25, 2012


The week before last I was able to go to girls camp with the young women. It was an absolute blast. I think I liked it the most because I really did not have any responsibilities and was able to just hang out with the girls and get to know them better. We had a lot of fun things crammed into the two days that we were there. We had mini lessons, skits, games, and both nights there was a hot chocolate bar. The first night I helped convince one of the girls to climb under the table and untie peoples shoes as they were getting their hot chocolate. One of the girls looked down at her feet a few minutes later and said, "Aw man! My shoe laces untied themselves again! Dang it!" 

It was nice to be able to just spend time out in the woods, I miss being constantly surrounded by trees. These girls are seriously so amazing. They are such strong individuals and have confidence that I could only dream of. I loved being able to get to know them better and even be involved in their "confession session." I actually had to go home and tell Cody a funny story or two just in case the girls brought it up. 

2 comments:

  1. That is one calling I look forward to having once we're in a family ward. :) I always loved girls camp. Granted it was always longer then two days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoelaces cracks me up, I tried telling it to Travis but he looked at me like I had lost it--granted he probably couldn't understand what I was saying because I was laughing, but thats classic Jayme. "Aw Man!"

    ReplyDelete