Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We are very culturally diverse. Tonight for dinner the plan was to have spaghetti, the meat was already thawing out on the counter when we decided to make a quick trip to the store. While at the store Cody decided that since I made chicken fried rice last night he really needed egg rolls to go along with our dinner tonight. Gross idea, I know. But I agreed because I was famished! Ok maybe not that starving but I was still hungry. By the time we had gotten home it turned into egg rolls and french fries. Hello freezer and thank you for the meal!

We also rented the Help from Redbox. I love Cody and I. Always, without fail, always right after we have a discussion about cutting back on excess things and saving money we spend money on things that are not absolute necessities. Tonight it was frozen egg rolls and a redbox. Oh well. It makes for a great night. Not to mention a happy, content baby to add to the relaxing atmosphere.

A random thought about this movie... I love Celia Foote's relationship with Johnny. He is so in love with his wife that nothing else matters. He doesn't care about her insecurities and just wants to be the best husband for her. I just love it. I wish they would show more of it in the movie, it was my favorite thing about the book.

"You is smart. You is kind. You is important." Randomly I will hear Cody repeating these to Ellenor. It makes me melt every. single. time.

Ellenor is my favorite form of  free entertainment. (She isn't really cheap, we just dropped $200 this past weekend on diapers and formula but you get what I mean) While she drinks her bottle, usually on the floor because she arches her back and thinks its funner to play when I am holding her, she will pull it out of her mouth and just stare at it as if she is examining a moon rock. 

Girls camp is next week and I have very mixed feelings. I am nervous to leave Ellenor overnight just because I am afraid she will be a nightmare. She can be a complete pill, more often than you'd think. I am also anxious for girls camp because it is so short, barely over two full days. I know for me it was something that I needed every summer and I am afraid that these girls wont get as much out of it as they would if it was a full week like it normally is. We will make the most out of it and I already have a few tricks up my sleeve for my girls, they are in for a real treat. I know it will be good and they will have fun. I just hope they will be able to have the opportunity spend time together and grow spiritually from one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment