Monday, June 11, 2012
This weekend just needs to be here already, I am so excited for it and it isn't coming fast enough. I really haven't seen Cody very much this past week. Wednesday we both had mutual, scouts, and work and it wasn't until 9:30 that we were both finally home. Cody headed up to Boise on Thursday and didn't get home until around ten. On Friday he had a scout camp out and got home at 11:30 on Saturday morning, which was a nice surprise that they got home so early. We ran to Twin and I got some new Merrill Hiking shoes and I can't wait to use them tomorrow! But of course Saturday went by way to fast and Cody left for Iowa bright and early on Sunday. So early in fact that I wouldn't let him give Ellenor a kiss goodbye because I didn't want her to be awake while I was trying to get ready.
We, Ellenor and I, were at church for 5 hours straight by the time we left. Thank you meetings and choir practice. She must have known that I was stressed about it because I was alone and we needed to be there for a long time because she was absolutely PERFECT! She let me rocker her to sleep, which is rare, and she actually slept during all the loud songs and with crazy loud kids.
But that was yesterday and today is a new day. Ellenor knows that something is going on, at least she is acting like it. I used to be excited about having a night off from just being a mom. But my eyes start to water just thinking about not being around Ellie for the next two days. With Cody its a little bit different because I can talk to him and express my love for him. But I can't do that with her, especially because there is no reception in the mountains. I am so excited to be able to spend the next couple of days with the young women that I have come to love so much. I know Ellenor will be in good hands with family but I can't help but miss her already.
Being a mother isn't always snuggles and kisses. This afternoon Ellenor was very cuddly which is rare but I took full advantage of it, along with the strawberries that melt in your mouth from our garden. Its times like those that I wish I could freeze and not let any more time pass. I guess that is why I like to take pictures so much, so I have a little glimpse of what that moment was. This afternoon the sun was shining in on us, a perfectly calm girl rubbing my hands, and eventually falling asleep, both of us. There is nothing more I would rather be doing than spending each and every day with this beautiful little girl. My girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment