Thursday, August 2, 2012


For the past few weeks I have been attempting to run and it hasn't been easy. A half marathon is only 13.1 miles. It doesn't seem like very much, until you start running. And then you start to think, what the heck was I thinking?! I can't run that far! By September 30th I had better be able to! Otherwise I am in some SERIOUS trouble!!!

On the schedule this morning was a 6 mile run, my longest to date. I hate watching my pace because at a few different times today my pace was an entire minute and a half slower than my pace is every other day I run. My knees started to hurt and I haven't had them hurt in many months. I got shin splints for a few minutes but I pushed through all of that. I did not stop. I made it 6 miles without stopping, it only took me and hour and 10 minutes. But I did it and I am so happy that I did.


 

Miss Ellenor is hilarious. She is constantly making me laugh and is the most animated baby I have ever met. Yesterday I attempted to give her fruit again. Not only did she not like it but every time I would put the spoon remotely close to her mouth she would scrunch up her eyes and put her head down and just smile and laugh. 

Today when I tried feeding her she would do the exact same thing and give me a little cackle. She knows that I think she is funny and definitely works that angle.  


After dinner Ellie and I headed outside to enjoy the sunset while Cody was mowing the lawn. It started out nice and relaxing, I even got to read a little bit while Ellie played. But all good things have to come to an end and this good thing ended way too soon. Little misses decided that my book was more entertaining and that grass was the thing to eat. We also got attacked by a few swarms of gnats.


We are headed to the pool this afternoon with Ellies cousins who are in town and it will be fun, she is a little fish. We are having a fish fry this weekend and I am excited to see everyone!!! Cody and I brought back a few pounds of halibut and salmon and we get to share a lot of it with Cody's family (all of his siblings are coming except one). I am looking forward to Ellie playing with her cousins, she is at such a fun age and LOVES people. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment