Saturday, January 5, 2013

A few random thoughts count as an update right?! Because that's all your getting.

1. Last night Cody was giving Ellie a bath as I was cleaning up the dishes from dinner. We found toy boats in the dollar section at target and got super excited because let's face it, bath toys just aren't a priority and they are expensive. She is definitely her fathers child and mimics any sound he makes, last night it was definitely the sound of a motor boat. Constant motor boating for at least 20 minutes straight.

2. Lets be honest here, this break has made me even more lazy than usual. That's normal right? I've started working out again and it's kicking my trash. So much so that some days I justify not showering or anything because I've technically already changed once that day, from pjs to sweats/comfy yoga pants. And on said lazy days where a shower may or may not be involved Ellie will hang out in "comfy" pants along side me.

3. Sometimes our "white trash" garlic bread and poor mans spaghetti is the perfect meal. Nothin fancy at all. And costs maybe $5 total? Maybe.

4. Over the last two weeks we have consumed more bananas and oranges than one family really ought to. It's almost embarrassing to admit how many we actually eat in a day and by we I mean Ellenor and I.

5. I think I missed this flu bug, fingers are still crossed though. Sunday we came home from church early because Ellie threw up in my hand, yes I caught it. It was disgusting but thank heavens it was all washed off in the bathroom. She had a nasty fever that would not break no matter what we did. Monday was the same, fevering all day and just plain miserable. We watched a lot of Disney and she cuddled quite a bit with daddy to. New Year's Eve (Monday) we were asleep by 9:30 because we were exhausted. Cody got it on Wednesday night and so far I have been just fine. And hoping it stays that way.

6. I know I complain about the summers being too hot but I am done with this negative degree weather. All the heaters in the house are cranked up as high as possible but we are still layered up and hiding under blankets. Not to mention I think we are all going a little stir crazy.

7. I hate Lonesome Dove. Cody got it for Christmas and we watched the entire first season within a few days. We couldn't get to the store fast enough to get the second. They didn't use the same actor in the second one! Almost every character was different! It took a little bit for me get into it and when I did I fell in love but now I'm just disgusted with the producers. And yes, I get worked up about stupid movies. Just wait until next week when the third season if Downton Abbey starts, there might be choice words if its not as good as the first two seasons. But I'm sure it will be.







2 comments:

  1. spaghetti and garlic bread is literally my favorite meal. if i'm feeling fancy, i'll add a salad...maybe. probably not. and seriously, i don't think i can catch a break with idaho weather. in alaska, at least the summers are perfect! here it's one extreme the other. ridiculous. also.
    DOWNTON DOWNTON DOWNTON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love lonesome dove! haha. I was also sad that the actors and everything pretty much is different in the second movie...the original cast was perfect.

    I just love that iced tree picture, so pretty! yet it also reminds me of Idaho's winters...*shiver* I don't think for as long as I live that I will ever forget how cold it was there (at least in Rexburg- gak!)

    and now I want spaghetti...

    ReplyDelete