The weather outside is frightful. Literally. At least the wind has stopped and at the moment it is no longer snowing. I am excited that today gets to be a comfy clothes and inside day. Who am I kidding?! That's everyday in this house but today we have an excuse. We did brave the storm and head to the doctors this morning for another flu shot for the kiddo. Hopefully that will help.
But this weather has got me really excited about summer. I know it's a long ways off yet but it will be a great one. Ellenor will be old enough to spend a lot more time outside (sadly for me that means less time for me sitting in a blanket with her to read). But it will be fun to have her be old enough to explore and go for walks and have picnics! Oh the picnics I am already planning for us! We can go on a run or a bike ride every morning again! Not to mention my sister will be coming to visit with her kiddos.
Other things to look forward to in the near future include:
- my sister having a baby boy anytime now
- Ellie goes to nursery in May!!!
- valentines day! I was lame and didn't really do or make anything for Cody's birthday so we are going to make up for that. I'm thinking great food, an amazing desert, homemade decorations with Ellie's help, the works.
- warmer weather!!!
- school starting in a week and a half
- New Beginnings is on January 23 and I am already excited for that to be over.
-Ellie starting to use real words, she is finally speaking in gibberish with more an more sounds
Overall life is amazing. Cody is great and took us to grab pizza on Tuesday (it was a rough day) and let me have 30 minutes of just me time. It was exactly what I needed and I love that even though he doesn't understand sometimes why I ask for specific things (like a few minute locked in my room) he still is amazing and lets me while he takes care of everything else. He is my best friend and I am so grateful to have such an understanding husband who listens and loves being a dad. Ellenor has been so sweet today by constantly putting her head on my shoulder and patting my back. She really is a sweetheart. I am lucky, life is good today.


No comments:
Post a Comment