It feels like we have had at least two people sick at one time ever since the flu bug the week before thanksgiving! We are ready for a break. (Got that germs?! Your not welcome!) At the beginning of last week Ellenor was throwing up and by the end of the week Cody and her had a nasty cold. Don't worry, I got it to just a few days later.
Ellenor has been amazing despite not feeling too well. I've had zero energy with this darn cold but she is just as happy as ever and doesn't mind too much if I'm laying on the couch. Today I needed a nap, a stuffed up nose makes for sore eyes and entire face in general, she sat and watched a movie by me for 20 minutes without making any kind of a fuss while I rested up.
She is such an amazing kid and loves to laugh. She loves to explore and jabber away at whatever it is she finds. She has started to put her arms up and hunch her shoulders whenever Cody gets home and I ask who's that or whenever I ask where it went. She loves to say dad and can sign please and all done. She is finally starting to eat real amounts of food again since being sick last week and has just about mastered how to use a fork.
Although it isn't fun being sick I am so grateful for a daughter who is patient when I don't feel good and is in good spirits even though she isn't 100% herself. She lets me turn on a movie and close my eyes for a few minutes and is content to just be snuggling with me. She makes everyday worth while and I love being her mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment