Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today I put into action a new plan, the do-so-many-fun-things-and-wear-this-kid-out-that-she-is-forced-to-take-a-nap-out-of-pure-exhaustion plan. And do you know what?! IT WORKED! Ellie has been fighting afternoon naps and it is starting to get exhausting because by the time six o'clock rolls around she is upset and so inconsolable that we end up watching an entire movie a night with her. And its also been a rough past couple of weeks because Cody has been gone so much with work (1st week in March he was in Las Vegas,  last week he was gone from Tuesday until late Friday night) and even when he is in the area it means late nights (Monday it was 1AM, yesterday it was 9pm-ish).

Pretty much I just need this girl to take afternoon naps and it has not been happening. Today I decided that no matter what she was going to take one because she will be so tired from playing. It was a great afternoon to! We headed to the library for her first time ever and she loved it. We spent a good 45 minutes reading books and playing with toys until she saw a girl with a toy she wanted and would not leave her alone. 


Next stop- ICE CREAM! I like having a constant friend to share fries and an ice cream with, it also makes it nice having Ellie so I can use her as an excuse for a middle of the afternoon treat! She has a very active little tongue and loved licking the cone until she realized that if she kept her tongue out and leaned over to the railing on the other side of her she could easily lick that to. I just have to say that Dairy Queen is the most classy place to give shoulder rubs and make out, especially when its busy and there are a lot of kids around... Just saying...

And the last stop was to our favorite place ever (insert rolling of eyes and sarcasm), Walmart. We got Easter eggs for an egg hunt with friends tomorrow. As we were walking out I ran into a lady from church and was chit chatting. Ellie had my keys and managed to push the alarm. Not only did she start laughing but she started laughing hysterically! As I grab the keys from her to try to shut the darn thing off she starts waving, while she is laughing and drawing more attention to us. Thank you Ellenor for keeping me on my toes and giving me a good laugh. 

Although it has been a rough past few weeks, especially days, time alone with Ellie was just what I needed. I love that she is so friendly and nice to everyone she meets. I love her sense of humor, I would put my hand in between her tongue and the railing and she would just lick me and then pull away and laugh. I love that she constantly talks while walking through the store, we do get some funny looks but I love our conversations. I love that she notices people I don't and waves, especially the ones who look like they need a friendly smile.

I'm writing this because today was a great day with just me and my girl, something I only have a few months left to do and I am trying to soak up as much time as I can. Also because I know in 15 years she will probably not want anything to do with me. 









1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. :) I'm trying to remember to soak up time with Kenneth. I'm already thinking of the fun things we can do once I'm out of classroom classes. :)

    ReplyDelete