Today I took a much needed break from everything. And it seems to be just what the doctor ordered. The past few days have been stressful with trying to get school work done. Yesterday was so bad in fact this poor kiddo watched a movie in the middle of the afternoon just so I could take a shower and a test. Mother of the year award right here!
I felt awful all day long because I wasn't spending the time with her and putting her off to get other things done. And do you know what? I got another C on my test. It was all for nothing! So today I decided to forget about everything else, dishes aren't done, the floor is in desperate need of a vacuum with multiple meal remnants scattered across the floor. But I'm taking a break from it all and giving her my full attention today because its what she needs. It's definitely what I need.
And this break from everything else has been perfect! Do you know what is happening right now?!?! We are snuggled on the couch and she is asleep in my arms! It's a miracle, I can't remember the last time it happened.
Last night I was listening to the General Young Women's broadcast from this past weekend and President Uchtdorf gave a piece of council that was exactly what I needed to hear. (http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/general-young-women-meeting/2013/03/your-wonderful-journey-home?lang=eng) He was talking about the journey's we will take in life and that we need to be of good cheer.
"There will always be things to complain about—things that don’t seem to go quite right. You can spend your days feeling sad, alone, misunderstood, or unwanted. But that isn’t the journey you had hoped for, and it’s not the journey Heavenly Father sent you to take. Remember, you are truly a daughter of God!
With this in mind, I invite you to walk confidently and joyfully. Yes, the road has bumps and detours and even some hazards. But don’t focus on them. Look for the happiness your Father in Heaven has prepared for you in every step of your journey. Happiness is the destination, but it’s also the path. “Peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come” is what He promises.11 That is why He commands us to “be of good cheer.”
So today I am moving on from the bad day of yesterday with good cheer and a positive outlook for the days to come. Because you can't be in a bad mood when the weekend is almost here right?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment