Sunday, April 28, 2013

This past weekend was a busy one. Busy with a lot of driving and not even me driving, thanks Cody! My dads mom lives on California and is starting to reach an age when it's more difficult for her to be on her own. My parents are moving from Alaska soon and putting in their mission papers. Dad and grandma took a trip to Utah to look at retirement communities (that's where my parents are planning to end up after their mission) and we decided to swing down and see them for a quick visit.

It was also a last trip to see my other grandparents and sister before the baby comes. I know, I know, we only live 4 hours away. But there isn't a hospital for about 2 1/2 of those hours, thank you idaho farming! So traveling close to when the baby is due isn't going to happen for us, I don't want a side of the highway car birth! We drove down Friday night and hung out with grandma and grandpa. I swear Ellenor loves grandpa more then me, they are great pals!

Saturday morning Cody played golf with my brother in law while my sister and I took the kids to Bridal Veil falls up the provo canyon. It was mid 60s and sunny. Absolutely beautiful! But absolutely busy at the same time, there were so many people with bikes, strollers, or even just running the trail.

Ellie being the curious little one that she is didn't want to stay and watch the fish for very long there was just too much else to explore! She wasn't too happy when I made her stay by the fish because she about go run over multiple times by bikes, scooters, skateboards, and the two footed skateboards (no idea what the name of those are but they make it look like you are running in place!).

We had a nice lunch of hamburgers and rootbeer floats at grandma and grandpas. You can't have a bbq and not sit and visit for hours while the kids run around or nap! It was fun to talk with grandma Audrey, she's always lived in California and we have only been able to see her a handful of times.

Last night we headed to Logan on our way home, it's really more of an hour plus detour to grab a crib from Cody's brother. Have I mentioned how much I love having older siblings who are done having kids? Seriously so lucky! Last year Cody helped with brother build a shed and ended up getting a nail stuck in his arm, something about the nail gun shooting out two nails instead of one? I think... Anyways it's been about a year and they have been saving the nail for him as a souvenir! It's still bent and you can see how far it went into his arm, it was almost an inch!

As crazy busy as this weekend was with all the driving it was amazing. I hate to admit it but I am glad we don't live in Alaska, it's too far away from most family and quick trips like this just aren't possible. I love spending a lazy Saturday morning watching Ellie play while engrossed in conversation with my grandma or watching Ellie play with her cousins and building relationships with them. There is nothing more rewarding than having great relationships with family!














No comments:

Post a Comment