Thursday, May 23, 2013

No one warns you that motherhood is also another word for torture. And I'm not talking about the actual labor and delivery part. 

Usually Ellie looks like an orphan child, comfy clothes (sometimes with holes in them or stains), hair undone an all over the place, and matching clothes? Aren't those only for leaving the house? 

When we do go somewhere we do her hair in the only thing possible at his point, pigtails! She has an awesome mullet going on. After we finished her hair to other day she got ahold of the ubber bands and decide to dump them all over the floor. And not only dump them but throw hem everywhere as if she were a flower girl in a wedding. Of course I moan about the mess she made as I sat back down on the floor to pick them all up. But it was a trap! 

Ellenor grabbed my face and pushed it so I was looking straight ahead, grabbed the spray bottle and brush and went to town! If I moved my head she would push it back. She brushed and talked and brushed some more. Occasionally smacking me in the head with the spray bottle while making a spraying shhhhh noise. Her version of brushing wasn't going up and down like I had taught her but in circles, fast circles while my hair got a nice matted look to it. It was a nice looking nest once she was done with it.

And I should get an award for being the best wife ever. A couple weeks ago Cody and I decided we needed a date. We dropped Ellie off early Saturday morning and headed to the temple and to grab some lunch afterwards. Cody has specific meals he gets whenever we go somewhere and rarely changes it up. At Applebee's he always gets some kind of a orange chicken salad bowl. I decided to get a steak and he copied me saying that they no longer carried the salad he liked. We argued and I swore up and down the the salad he got was an oriental one. 

Fast forward to last night. He has been takin 4 guys visiting work around showing them problems and issues that they have been having for the past few days. Last night was a late night and on their way home they stopped at Applebee's for dinner (it was the only thing open at 11:30pm) and they were still over an hour away from burley. Well Cody decided to listen to me and ordered the oriental salad. Poor guy came home hungry. Not only was it the wrong sala but apparently it did not taste good at all and had no lettuce, just cabbage. 

Moral of the story is this: I need to find a way to gain back his trust so he believes that everything I say is the truth and that I'm always right. Or at least occasionally. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even tell you how many times Charlotte has gotten into the rubber bands and flung them all over the place, too. and I hate that they are so tiny they almost blend into the carpet making it invisible to find every one! haaaa. and thats so funny that she was trying to brush your hair--what a character!

    ReplyDelete