Sunday, May 20, 2012

We have driven over 15 hours in the last four days and Ellenor has done great! Thank heavens! Cody had work stuff in Roosevelt, Utah (literally the middle of no where) and we decided to join him. My evil master plan intent on accompanying him was to also visit family and it worked! We spent Friday night with my sister Jen and her family. The movie We Bought a Zoo is an amazing movie but it is also amazing at jerking tears right out of you, I was just glad there was someone else on the other couch who had leaky eyes as well. The best part if staying there besides homemade chicken noodle soup, amazing homemade strawberry jam, and great company was Wyatt asking "is your baby's name really ElleBor?" My amazing sister and her family Jessica also happened to get there earlier than planned, they drove all the way through the night... 16 hours! We were glad to see them, even though it was for just a few hours yesterday morning. As we were all in the kitchen/dining room at grandma and grandpas Jess's 5 year old Ethan tell us the funniest thing. He said he watched the scariest movie and when we asked him what it was he said "Once Upon a Time," the tv show. The reaction was perfect! We were laughing so hard as Jessica was trying to defend herself by saying things like "it was just on, I didn't think they were actually watching it!" You gotta love kids! When we got home yesterday I was informed that Cody's sister and her family was in town so of course we had to swing by! It's always good to see them! And any family for that matter, we kind of like them. Besides family not much is new. Cody and I finally signed up for a gym and we are so excited to use to! Ellenor finally slept last night and it was amazing! She has been teething for the last while and her tooth finally broke though 2 weeks ago but she only stopped sleeping well this week. I only had to get up twice to give her back her pacifier instead of every half an hour. I will never take sleep for granted again. About the same time I was getting up for the baby so was Cody but only to answer to the nastiest flu bug I have ever seen. Between his flu and Elli and my cold last week we should be good for 5 years, at the minimum. On a lighter note I officially got a 4.0 this semester! Go me! Yes, I even did a little happy dance when I saw that, it was prettier than a rainbow! This feels like such a random post... But we really aren't that exciting, just counting down to fun things and trying to stay busy in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. woot woot, way to go jayme! no number looks better than a 4.0, huh? also, it made me smile when ethan said that once upon a time was the scariest movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're the same way counting down the time until we're able to do more fun things. :)

    ReplyDelete