Monday, May 14, 2012






Yesterday was mother's day and nothing at all like I had anticipated. I had a presidency meeting planned before church, I was supposed to teach, and then have Cody's parents over for dinner. It was going to be a nice relaxing Sunday but instead it was a different kind of "relaxing."

Saturday night I got a really bad cough and sore throat, thinking that it wouldn't be too bad and it would just go away I didn't take any medicine and just went to bed. When I woke up yesterday my entire head was throbbing, not only a massive headache but my eyes and cheeks hurt, even my ears were killing me. Cody went to church and miss Ellenor and I both went back to sleep. He came home early to take care of me and made dinner. Cody even watched old chick flicks with me, well he fell asleep but he was still in the same room!

I know that on Mother's day you are supposed to focus on mothers but yesterday I couldn't help but be drawn to thinking of how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband. I found this video this morning and I wont lie, I bawled. Full on streams of tears.




A father blesses his daughter he shows love to her mother. Even if Ellenor was blind, she would have still been able to know of Cody's love for me, especially yesterday. And for that  I am so blessed. I often feel so inadequate as a mother of a beautiful child but then I look at Cody who is so amazing with our daughter and know that at least she will turn out alright because of him.

1 comment: