I love productive days, where I get everything on my to do list done in the morning and the house is spotless. But I believe you need those lazy day in between. This morning I just felt off and I couldn't exactly figure out why. And it took me until 11 to figure out that it was because I wasn't at all productive. And by not at all productive I mean we watched gilmore girls all morning and just snuggled.
Once I got the house in order and showered I felt much better and don't feel guilty about the fact that the only things on the afternoon to do list is play with Ellenor, read history, and take a walk.
Apparently I never paid much attention to babies before Ellie. She is so full of life and has such a spastic personality. She loves to give a big cheesy grin, be shy when she wants to, smile with her tongue sticking out and scream an excited scream whenever she feels it is too quiet in the house. She can stack her blocks, put them away, and stack all the rings back onto the pole in the correct order. She loves to put her pacifier in other people's mouths. She loves to flip through books and is constantly moving around. She's getting the hang of walking really well but still wants to hold your hand if you are near. She plays great by herself while I read homework across the room, reads herself stories, and will randomly look up from whatever she is doing just to give a giant toothed grin, squinty eyes and all. She loves to give high fives and kisses.
I'm in denial that this little ball of crazy, sweet, and spunk is almost a year old. But it has been the absolute best!



No comments:
Post a Comment