Lately I have found myself comparing my life to others and usually it isn't so bad but lately I have noticed it has been negatively effecting me. A lot. One thing I have been extremely aware of is everyone getting new cameras. I know it sounds so silly but I have been drooling over a specific camera for over a year now and it is hard for me to see others who have never really played with a camera go straight for the big guns. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for them and think its a great hobby/skill. I just get a little envious that what took me years of practicing and reading and failing they are able to accomplish within a few days or weeks if having their cameras. It all just sounds so silly, I know. But I am grateful for these feelings because they help me to recognize what I really have been blessed with. I take pictures to document how our life really is and what is really taking place. I don't have to edit out the scratch mark from Ellie's head or only take pictures when my house is spotless. I love that I always have my camera handy and don't care if you can see an enormous wreck behind Ellie's dang cute smile. I'm grateful for a great camera and the chance that I have had to really get to know how to use it so I don't have to spend hours editing a single picture, I rarely edit at all (unless it was a paid shoot).
I was uploading a few pictures from today, it was 50 degrees so we ran outside for a few minutes. I was getting frustrated that she wouldn't even look at me for one decent picture but I kept snapping away. And do you know what? I love them! They are just of her exploring, talking, and experiencing new things like mushrooms for the first time. That is our real life. Our life isn't a posed and perfectly in order. It's the little moments that truly matter and I am grateful for the most amazing family to share then with every single day.

No comments:
Post a Comment