This week has been very interesting to say the least. On Saturday we were supposed to attend an adult only work party and afterwards we were going to do some Christmas/birthday shopping. Instead I spent the whole day keeping Ellie away from her dad who was sick on the couch.
Monday night I had an economics test in town. As I was leaving Cody called telling me to get home fast because Ellie had just thrown up all over. By the time I got home he had it cleaned up off the floor and was working on getting himself cleaned up. Poor thing!
We were hesitant about leaving for thanksgiving because we didn't want to spread this flu bug. We decided we would probably be safe and left for my grandparents on Tuesday night in Utah. Wednesday was going great until about 4:30 in the afternoon. We were at target getting Ellie her birthday present and a new carseat when my stomach really started to turn. We were headed to the checkout line when I realized that I wasn't going to hold in lunch for much longer. I practically ran to the bathroom as fast as I could get there. A woman was coming out as I pushed my way threw, don't worry she gave me a nice dirty look but I think she would have rather me speed past her than throw up on her. I barely made it to the stall when I let loose. I found an available lady at the customer service counter and have never had a more awkward conversation. "Um I just got sick..." "Oh you poor thing!" I could tell by her expression that she was not excited to hear where this mess could be! "I made it to the toilet but it splashed on the walls and floor and I just don't want it to stink." I never thought I would be having one of those kinds of conversations. She was really nice about it and we booked it out of there.
I was hovered over the toilet every hour until 4:30 am when Ellie woke up with puke all over her. It was definitely not how I had planned to spend thanksgiving. I finally stopped throwing up by the afternoon and was at least able to eat a roll and some mashed potatoes. Cody has been amazing taking care of Ellie and I, especially because we weren't home. My grandparents are amazing and are the best hosts, even when you are sick.
We are finally all feeling better today, thank heavens! Ellie has been loving spending time with her great grandpa. It might be because he is really fun or because there is always an iPad or a remote near him but she sure does like him a lot. Even though we haven't been feeling the best we have still had a blast. There is nothing better than being in the company of family.

hey, a picture! you figured out the picture problem! :) i'm so glad you are all feeling better. poor ellie! and poor you, i can only imagine how that would feel. at least you told an employee, i had to clean the bathrooms at g's dairy and sometimes people would be too embarrassed to tell me and it was always a terrible surprise.
ReplyDeletep.s. happy birthday to ellenor!