Thursday, October 11, 2012

Being able to listen to general conference this past weekend was amazing. I love the lessons that are taught that apply so directly towards my life. Even if I wasn't LDS (a mormon) it is still great council about how to live a rich life, and by rich I mean fulfilling. One of the main ideas that I caught from the entire conference (I think a lot has to do with where I am in life) was the importance of family and those relationships. Spending time doing things that are most beneficial for my family and developing those relationships. I can't wait to reread all those talks. We were able to spend time at Cody's parents this weekend to watch it with a couple of his siblings and their families that came to visit for the weekend. I married into the best family (well besides my own, duh!).

Sunday night Cody and I decided e needed to get out of the house and headed down to the river. It was not chilly but not too warm. The colors on the trees are starting to change and the sun was setting. It was stunning. I will never get sick of walking while watching the sunset.

Last night I went to the straw maze with the youth for mutual. Having 6 dozen donuts in your car is very tempting and hard not to eat a few but I didn't sneak any. Last year it was freezing so this year I put extra coats, hats, and socks in the car just in case. We got going and realized it was so warm! It didn't help that we were running for the first half hour. We stripped down a few layers and then headed back in. We found the entrance 3 times! We were getting bored and really wanted a good donut before they all got eaten so we had the guy up top show us out. It was funny how many people we picked up as he was showing us out, I guess we weren't the only ones who were done with it. One of the young men's leaders and his wife kept popping out from no where. It made it a lot more interesting running through it without any lights and occasionally having someone jump out at you, really encourages the running.

Cody has been working a lot, last night he was up in Idaho Falls area. He is the best dad any girl could have. She screams when he leaves, throws a full blown fit and when he gets home she screams for joy.

I've been staying busy with school work and young women's. I am also lining up family pictures within the next couple of weeks. I love family pictures especially with who I am going to do then for. For young women's we are having a Halloween party next week and the week after we are making flower/bow head bands for girls with cancer. If you have any easy bow/flower tutorials that you know of PLEASE let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple hair bow tutorials Lindsey Dennett actually put a couple on her blog that are really good and so did Brittany Stanley.
    By the way I miss you guys. Next time we're in Burley we must hang out. I'll even let you take pictures and make you something pumpkiny to eat. :) Ellie is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete